[Spridgets] ELVF race report part 1

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Fri Sep 21 08:16:52 MDT 2007

Well, I've been a little busy post-ELVF, but Hopper was on my ass for a race
report. It was quite an exciting 3.5 days. Setup was Thurs. We didn't have a
party or live music planned, so it was a lot less work for yours truly.

Some of the more interesting events.

Porasik Parker Stevenson had an "off" that resulted in a "shunt". In
layman's turns, he hit a tire wall after overcooking it in Turn 8. Took out
the right side, fenders and door. He drove it in, albeit with a slightly
sore neck. We got him checked out at medical, the driver's committee wacked
his pee pee with a 2 race probation, and he was ready race the next day.
But, the suspension must have taken a hit as he had a serious vibration
despite having changed wheels & tires. He was done for the weekend.

Hopper ran fast, getting done to a 2:55, despite have issues with tires,
sway bars, and seriously cashed front wheel bearing. His feared clutch
problem never was an issue. He ran with Parker Stevenson's spare set of
Hoosiers and Panasports, and his car looked to be leaning back toward it's
white trash roots minus his normal shiny new Revolution wheels.

Let the record show I ran 2 sessions Fri, plus the 1 hour enduro, 2 sessions
Sat., and the feature Sunday without any mechanical issues.despite the
betting line. It was not without excitement though. In one of the practice
session, while coming into 5 in front of Ken "I'm so" Suhre and another car,
my shifter broke off in my hand. The distraction caused me to miss the
downshift, and end up wide.. Riding the rumble strips up the hill. I waited
until Ken and the other car had passed and slipped back onto the racing
surface. That required an explanation to the black flag marshall at the end
of the session.

Wm. Severin Thompson

~iii<O

 <mailto:wsthompson at thicko.com> wsthompson at thicko.com

 <http://www.thicko.com/> www.thicko.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/png which had a name of image001.png]