[Spridgets] PCV

Andy Webster a_d_webster at yahoo.com.au
Sat Sep 22 17:33:04 MDT 2007

Greetings,
  I probably should have asked this much earlier....but oh well..

  My 1275, now has a belt drive cam...and thus no crankcase breather on the timing cover.. and of course no side covers and no breather there.

  There is however, a breather on the valve cover.

  Considering that the 1098 sucks air out of the crankcase, just above the lifters, and the pushrod holes are quite open.. I figure I should be able to vent the engine sufficiently via the breather on the rocker cover.. but i may want to widen the tiny hole (~2mm - 3mm now) in the breather pipe.

  Has anyone done this and found it to be succesful or otherwise?

  Cheers
  Andy
  (should be at All-British Display right now...but..."needs must, when the Devil vomits into your kettle".....or jams your ribcase in first... whichever the case may be.)