[Spridgets] 1/4 elliptic to semi-elliptic comparison

Bud Osbourne abcoz at hky.com
Mon Sep 24 20:08:25 MDT 2007

Frank,
I suspect that, like myself, you are one of the "iron-butt" guys, and
love to just get in 'em and DRIVE for multiple hours at a stretch.  I
guess the only way I'm ever going to know, for sure, is to just get the
thing finished and on the road.
I've had this Mk I for longer than I care to admit (way more than 20
years), and it's never been close to road-worthy.  One of my Triumph
club buddies (of my local MG, Porsche 356 and Triumph clubs, the only
guys that drive these cars like they were meant to be driven are a
handful of guys from the Triumph club) has been agitating me about
getting that Mk I finished and on the road in time for our next Watkins
Glen trip (all back roads, and very spirited driving).  Seems that his
first Brit car was a Mk I Midget he bought out of a junkyard........
Anyway, he's finally gotten through to me, and I've decided to really
get after that Mk I, and get it done for next summer.
Bud Osbourne