[Spridgets] I can't stand it anymore...NSC

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 01:08:47 MDT 2007

On 9/25/07, Ron Soave <soavero at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My annual "I Must Have a TC" flareup is in full bloom.
> There's a project on ebay not too far, but if anyone
> knows of anything, let me know.

Well, Ron, most of it appears to be there though it would need some
work. Condition of the wood will be a major concern.  Double check all
the door pillars and look down inside the side curtain bin. If it has
lived in Houston there is a good chance there may be some rot in the
wood and replacing the wood frame is a real nightmare!  I wonder how
hard it is to find the correct air cleaner and cross pipe for the
carbs these days!  Usually, the air cleaner housing was the first
thing to come up missing! Even with the condition of the engine and
tranny unknown, This car is probably worth about twice what the bid
currently is... ($5300)

FWIW, this car is only a few numbers off the serial of my old 46 TC
that I had back in England in the 60s. Like a fool I sold that car to
another serviceman who brought it back to the US. Worse yet, I took
the money from the sale ($400) and married my first wife!  Doh!!
If anyone ever sees a TC with the Brit tag "KPP123" please let me know
immediately!!  I would move heaven and earth to get that car back!

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City
Don't miss 50 Years of Spridgets at Lake of the Ozarks, June 26-29, 2008!!
For info... http://www.Sprite-MidgetClub.org