[Spridgets] additives in fuel effecting gas tank repairs

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 04:43:54 MDT 2008

Regarding my previous post on using POR15 Fuel Tank Repair Kit
http://www.por15.com/prodinfo.asp?grp=FTRK&dept=11

I don't know if you can get on this VW forums and read this very interesting
article but this guy posts a frightening sight of layers of film that came
out of his tank after using it. I like Frank's use of a pile of nuts and
boiling the tank on the barbeque although I don't know how healthy that is
so I may just go with sending the tank out. Then I read further about the
whole subject of fuel additives and If you look down at the later posts they
say the new ethanol gas additive is effecting fiberglass and treated gas
tanks now. Any info on that?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=249378&highlight=gas+tank

Lin

62 California Sprite (Pinky)