[Spridgets] Installing engines

Michael Rowe mdrowe at optonline.net
Tue Apr 8 15:46:45 MDT 2008

All right.  What is the magic word for getting an engine into a Spridget when the engine mounts, etc. are clearly wider than the available space?  We have grunted the requisite number of grunts.  We have use more than enough profanity for several engine swaps, some of it ordinary, some relatively creative.  And still, it does not shrink.  The manual says (too late, as manuals usually do) to offer the engine to the transmission with the motor mounts in place.  Is that the magic?

Michael Rowe
Long Island, NY