[Spridgets] Weber to SUs

Robert E. Shlafer pilotrob at webtv.net
Sat Apr 12 13:26:05 MDT 2008

No PCV means a return to a "vented" configuration which requires at least two 1/2 " ports to effectively relieve crankcase gasses/pressure and most especially when
driven like you stole it.

Normally an upper port from the valve cover and a lower port via the "can" on the
timing cover. For those timing covers with no can, the old mech. fuel pump port will suffice. Actually, all three is a better bet.... with the fuel pump port being a mighty
1 incher.

I'd go with the early, simple tried and true "flying saucer" PCV set-up.....cheap, effective.....make you happy long time.

Incidentally, if your 45 DCOE isn't returning decent mileage/fuel economy at 70 mph cruise on flat highway, even with ribcase ratios and 3.9, it probably needs re-calibration.

Mine was great on economy (AND performance) utilized as above on my PO'd VP3 cammed super-tuned (90 dynoed HP @ the wheels) '74 Spridget I used for commuting back and forth from Stamford to NY Metro airports prior to retirement from the increasingly  "unfriendly" skies. :)

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)