[Spridgets] Gas Prices and the 50th

rrengineer at dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Mon Apr 21 10:29:10 MDT 2008

Guys,
     I plan to attend the gathering at the Lake of the Ozarks this June.
I will be trailering my Bugeye to the event as my 57 year old back
would preclude me from driving the car out there for such a long
distance.  Maybe if I was 19 again I would take on such an adventure,
but the air conditioned cab of my F-150 is much better for long hauls
these days.  The problem is the F-150 only gets 16 miles per gallon.
It is at least 1700 miles one way to the 50th celebration.  At
present gas prices I estimate a fuel cost of almost $800 round trip
if I go the shortest route and do not stray to explore as I am want
to do.  If gas prices hit $4.00 per gallon by summer, I probably
won't be able to afford the trip.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2