[Spridgets] Along the auction lines...LBC statesmen

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 17:41:13 MDT 2008

I had the pleasure of working with one of the most
brilliant software people I've met this week, and when
he walked into my office he nearly screamed "Who's
Bugeye is that?" in reference to a large picture
hanging that Jeff Porasik gave me for Christmas last
year of our cars going through Turn 6 at Blackhawk
Farms. It turns out his wife's uncle has been racing
an MG-TC since 1948 (Peter asked how many times he's
beaten it). He's also had just about every post war
MG, along with Jags, Healeys, and a Siata (!!!!). The
gentleman finally hung up his racing suit a few years
ago, but his name is Jim Carson. Upon googling, I
found him associated with the PVGP and other VSCCA
events. His health is slipping a bit, and he has
started selling off some of his collection. If anyone
knows Jim and can tell me anything about his history
in racing, I would greatly appreciate. From the brief
stories his nephew in-law told me, sounds like quite a
guy.

Ron