[Spridgets] Electrical Problem

K. Valentine kevin at valentinephoto.net
Fri Apr 25 07:30:20 MDT 2008

On Apr 25, 2008, at 8:45 AM, dlancer7676 at comcast.net wrote:

> Any ideas?

David,

First, are all four lights affected? Front and rear?

I would start by completely cleaning the fuse box contacts and fuse
ends. Check to see if you have power coming out of the fuse box at
all the contacts.  Keep in mind some of the contacts will only be
"live" with the key in the on position.  (The headlights are not
fused all the other lights are fused).  I remove the fuse box and
clean it by bead blasting the contacts.  Also check the back of the
box to make sure it is in good shape and the metal contacts are not
coming in contact with the body of the car.  If they are, a piece of
roofing paper cut to fit under the fuse box will cure the problem
until you can get another fuse box.

Also make sure you have good grounds on everything.

Next I would check to see if power is getting to the switch on the
steering column and if it is coming back out of that switch at the
proper places.

Let me know what you find ;)

Kevin