[Spridgets] Suspension woes

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at mac.com
Sat Apr 26 16:29:20 MDT 2008

Leo,

How old are the tires?  If they are 6-8 years old they should be
replace regardless of how well they look, particularly with a long
road trip in the works.  Today tires will start separating between
the belt and casing once they reach this age range.  When that is
happening and you go over an irregular section of road the car will
squirm significantly.  I just replaced a really good looking set of
tires for this reason and have seen several other references to this
problem with tires..Of course if they are new tires I am just running
off at the mouth.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor)
2000 Miata Special Edition