[Spridgets] 948 Cranks

Bud Pazur bpazur at excel.net
Wed Dec 10 08:14:41 MST 2008

Gary wrote:

This is a search for a 948 stock (or reground) crankshaft.? A friend of a
friend at work is trying to restore his Bugeye.? He brings me the motor (in
pieces) to fix up for street use.? Crank does not pass magnaflux.? I have
most of the rest of the parts to put together but I am looking for a
crankshaft.??

It does not have to be anything special as it will go in a street car.? Does
anybody have one gathering dust??

Gary Kropf
'59 Bugeye
aka Thicko 'Grenade' - Did not go off in '07 and now working on keeping pin
in for '08

Gary -

When I was re-building my Red race Bugeye's engine, I found that crankshafts
that will pass a magnaflux test are scarcer than hen's teeth (as my mother
use to say). I literally bought and had four magnafluxed before I found one
my machinist would accept. I was starting to think about a $5000 billet
crank, but I knew that was out of the question for me. Good luck.

Bud