[Spridgets] Sridgets (E type)

jjj at acsnet.com jjj at acsnet.com
Sun Dec 21 22:47:36 MST 2008

Kirk: Had a 70. Sold it in the late 80's when I thought they were getting
too high priced to enjoy. Also afraid I'd lose my licence cause I could'nt
keep it under 80. When you talk about that engine and racing I was
wondering if anyone remembers the privateer that won the D production
championship against the factory team of Datsun Z cars in the last year
the E type could run. Road and Track, I believe, did one h*ll of a story
on it which I have lost track of. Great stuff for a guy that loves the
underdog. I believe the factory and almost everyone else had given up on
the engine cause they could'nt make the crank live at the rpm's they had
to run to be competetive. These back yard guys solved it with a 454 chev
dampner!!! Like to know what I did with that story?  Anyway best wishes,
Kurt.