[Spridgets] Need Carb - No LBC

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 21:37:59 MST 2008

I don't think there was a 427 Cobra Jet.  That was the 70-71 429 Cobra
Jet.  The 427, SOHC, Side oiler, etc. didn't use Qjets.  The 429 is a
sister to the 460, IIRC.
My guess is they used it for a year and figured they didn't like it.
I rebuilt/tuned a few.  I just don't like them.  I might like them if
there weren't better options.
I rebuilt a 75 Trans Am for a friend and it turned out good.  The Qjet
did just fine on that Pontiac 400.
On my Mustangs I was in the minority with my Carter back in the day.
I ran a few Holleys, too.  Those three barrel Holleys are cool.