[Spridgets] List messages.. ;^))

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Wed Dec 24 18:53:05 MST 2008

> <<I assume, if it is announced that he did nothing wrong,...>>
>
> The 'alleged' results of the 'interview' have been announced, Larry.
> Keep in mind that the 'interview' was supposedly ONLY about
> Obama vs Blago and "if" they had "contact" ref Obama's Senator
> 'recommended' replacement.
>
> Of course, keep in mind that the 'President-elect' STATED on NATIONAL TV
> that NOBODY 'representing' him had contact with Blago and the FACT
> that his new Chief-of-Staff HAS HAD contact(S).
> YES, more than ONCE.

Easy to misquote, ain't it?
It was not about whether anyone had had contact with Blago, it was about
whether there had been any INAPPROPRIATE contact. Pat Fitzgerald had made it
clear from the outset that there was no sign of any such thing. The quotes
from that press conference had made it even more clear when Pat quoted Blago
as saying that "they weren't offering me anything more than gratitude, bleep
them." The results of the interview, kept back until now out of respect for
the on-going investigation confirmed that. I know that you are a pale dude
living south of I290, ED, but stop letting your prejudices get in the way.
It would be much more amazing to think that there would not have been any
contact at all... that was NOT the question.

Interesting that Blago is merely trying to defend himself from charges that
he expects will be about the senate seat, rather than the real charges being
filed. Fitzgerald made it quite clear that they had stepped in at this
juncture, risking the investigation, simply to prevent Blago from selling
the seat. As Blago says, he didn't do anything illegal there. Unethical?
Yup. Morally reprehensible? Prhaps. Illegal? Nope.

OTOH, if you want to look for signs of "Pay to play", look no further than
the list of pardons handed out by Clinton at the end of his tenure.
David Lieb