[Spridgets] Off Thread, but need mens advice.....GPS?

Robert Weeks lists at woozy.com
Wed Dec 24 18:54:25 MST 2008

Hi Cathey,

I bought a TomTom around this time last year because Consumer Reports
had given it a high rating. First it got us hopelessly lost in NJ in a
rain storm, in a part of NJ where no one spoke English, when we were
driving from Mendham, NJ to Durham, NC which should have been a pretty
easy route for it to figure out. Once we were home it would suggest
routes when picking fastest route that would take us 20 miles out of the
way for what should have been a 15 mile drive.

I quickly replaced it with a Magellan Maestro. The user interface on the
TomTom was a bit easier to use especially when it comes to entering
addresses but the Magellan has never sent us off in the wrong direction
and the subscription traffic service seems to work pretty well for what
we use it for which is mostly highway travel up and down the east coast.
Magellan's integration with AAA's tour book is a nice feature.

I've heard very good things about the Nuvi but haven't tried one.

YMMV,

Robert