[Spridgets] 'green' cars

Guy Weller guy.weller at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Dec 28 03:17:31 MST 2008

Andy, you are right!

A modern car uses more energy to manufacture it than it uses to run it for
an average 10 year life span. So a car like a Spridget that was more simple
to manufacture in the first place, and has lasted maybe 3 - 4 or 5 times as
long as the modern average is well ahead of the game in terms of "whole
life" energy consumption, even allowing for the slightly less fuel efficient
engines.

But, sooner or later some government official will think that there are
sufficient voters who will believe what he tells them to support legislation
to ban our older cars on the wrongful perception that they "cause bad
pollution"

Guy