[Spridgets] Positive or negative earth

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Sat Feb 2 15:29:08 MST 2008

>> being able to charge a phone or GPS?
> Reversing those wires would be pretty simple. Installing a stereo or radio
> is a little trickier because they're normally attached to the car.

If I were wanting to keep my car concours (heaven forbid!), and yet wanted
to use that kind of device, I would probably opt to make an adaptor from one
of those cigar lighter splitters to swap the polarity of the extended
socket. OTOH, if you want to use any number of aftermarket electronics, you
should probably convert to negative earth and install an alternator. Oops,
there went your concours points ;-)
David Lieb