[Spridgets] Shifter can..

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Tue Feb 5 17:35:49 MST 2008

Hello Spridgets,

  i gotta brag on this .. .. i have a 5 speed from Paul A. (no that's
  not the point).. for those who have converted, you well know that
  the shifter (even paul's modified one) still doesn't quite fit with
  the shifter can on the tranny hump. we all have arrived at our own
  solutions. mine (until today) was to use a gaiter and the shift ring
  from a 1500 to hold it down.. but TODAY......

  a guy at work who CAN WELD.. cut 1" off the bottom of the can, and
  put a new base on. lowering the can means the shifter has less throw
  "in the hole".. then having obtained the shifter boot (rubber
  thingy) for a big healey, MOVED the hole forward as well. the big
  healey's boot thingy is larger. ..

  the can seems stock to a casual glance, since the top is intact, but
  the shifter fits and works.... WAY COOL...

  pictures on request... .

--
Best regards,
Bill                             mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite "the red thing" (HAN8L 49403)
  Kelso, WA. USA

  "I admire East End gangsters," said Tom crazily.