[Spridgets] E-bay Scam

shelden3 at pldi.net shelden3 at pldi.net
Wed Feb 13 10:20:01 MST 2008

When I address groups about the scams of the Internet the first thing I
tell them is to not click on links that want your money, could want your
money etc...  Emails can be made to look very convincing.  Best practice
is to ALWAYS go to the merchants home page by manually entering it into
your browser.  Do NOT click on the merchants banner or link with in the
email as it will take you to their site which is designed to look like
your bank, eBay etc.....  By doing this you can verify the transaction and
or communication.

These scams work as you can see which is why they get sent out.

 I nearly got scammed out of $2000 this week in a e-bay transaction that I