[Spridgets] Have you guys seen this??

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 14 17:03:40 MST 2008

--- Robert Bruce Evans <b-evans at earthlink.net> wrote:
> I can remember my uncle, who was a cop in the 1930's
> and 1940's, telling of taking smart assed kids at
> night, handcuffing them to a light pole, and coming
> back for them the next morning.   My, how those kids
> learned quickly how to behave in public, and show
> respect for others!   And grew up to be good,
> decent, responsible citizens.

I thought they grew up to be the 20-something adults
in the late 50s and early 60s that almost
instantaneously skyrocketed the crime rates (violent
in particular) in the US. Those crime rates didn't
wane until the 1990s.

Correlating police activities to social behavior is
what they do in, um, police states.

Ron