[Spridgets] Engine guru's Mk II..

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Tue Feb 19 11:55:32 MST 2008

Good afternoon  all,

some more questions if you don't mind regarding performance changes:

as a reminder..
  948 block bored 60 over,
1098 head that has been ported and milled to 22.6 cc combustion chamber,
1098 small journal crank
1098 lightened and statically balanced rods

Will a 1098 piston end up with lower compression due to pin-face
height differences?

Will a 1098 piston (of appropriate diameter) end up being a "pop-up"
piston?

Can I measure the lobe height minus the lobe height opposite to
determine lift on a cam  (Are the rockers a 1:1 ratio?)?

When you look at where I am going with this what jumps out at you and
screams "NOOOOO!!"  ?

.. and I can not find this info in Vizard/Haynes/Factory manual.
Vizard lists all sorts of info on aftermarket stuff but little on
stock stuff that I can find

Thanks again!

Lester