[Spridgets] Front end again

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Mon Feb 25 10:26:42 MST 2008

Well after replacing each and every part one at a time from the shock
down to the A arm including the spring, spring pan, king pin and fulcrum
pin, trunnion, trunnion bolt, and steering arm. There was no difference
in my camber problem.
So the car is tweaked. Anybody have an unsmashed 67 body tub?
I have made the problem go away with a set of offset trunnion bushings I
had bought way back. The wheel is now plumb if not tilted in just a tad.
But the last time I used these bushings was about 20 years ago in my
yellow Sprite and every time I hit the brakes, the bushings would roll
to the low point and knock the camber way off.
So far I only went around the block but I did lock up the brakes, what a
bitch when the seat isn't bolted in ;) they seem to be where I put them.
I did powdercoat the inside of the trunnion to make it thicker to maybe
help hold the bushing in one spot.
I guess I'll see what happens.
--
Frank Clarici