[Spridgets] transportation companies (David Booker)

Norm 2Bs twobees at sprynet.com
Mon Feb 25 20:43:14 MST 2008

Sorry to hear about David's Allied horror story.  Our horror story was with
North American.  They destroyed numerous pieces of furniture, lost a set of
irreplaceable sails for one of my boats & it took forever to recoup most of
the loss.

On the other hand, when we moved from Connecticut to Florida we used Allied
and they were fine.  Even managed to squeeze my Turner into the van that
brought the furniture.  And, both were in storage with them in Bridgeport,
CT for 6 months.  I think if you are going to use a moving company for
anything, you are at the mercy of the local representative.

If just moving a car, I have used both Passport, now FedEx Custom Critical &
another company whose name escapes me (I met them at Hershey in 2004).
Passport moved my MGB from Ohio to Ct.  The other company CT to FL.

Intercity is good too.  And, another you may want to contact is Horseless
Carriage, in Paterson, NJ.  It's a smaller company & the owner is a car
collector.  They have been moving expensive cars for many years.

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner - moved by Allied
'60 Alfa - moved by me