[Spridgets] trials time

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Tue Feb 26 10:13:42 MST 2008

Wtih the change in the weather its time to move Austin to the back of the
garage line and put Bugsy into daily service.  Yesterday started the
dependability phase of the project.  I hope to just turn the key and drive
every day from now to June to see if the EFI/EI stuff is as solid as it needs
to be.  If it lives up to the expected capabilities, I shouldn't have to
change a plug, tweak a carb or diddle the timing between now and the time I
take off for Missouri.  I might still tweak one or more of the data tables if
a weekend drive generates any data outside the range I've already tuned
(altitude, temperature).
My e-bay ghetto-lock door is all painted, hung and looking way better than the
old one.  All the chips on the bonnet are filled in and the wheels and cockpit
trim are polished.  Added a few snaps to some shifting carpet bits and tidied
up some wiring.  I still have to sort out a turn-signal gremlin and fix the
frikkin wipers one more time.  Other than that, good to go.

Glen Byrns