[Spridgets] Progress for a change

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Tue Feb 26 19:31:42 MST 2008

Tonight I did all those stupid little things that the 67 needed.
Set the toe in now that I have the camber close.
Adjust the headlamps and install the trim rings.
Replace the wheezy starter (weak bendix on the one I picked out of the
crate) and it did not clear the oil filter so that made another mess
removing it. First time I ever had that problem.
Center and install the steering wheel, hook up the horn.
Rip open the AM-FM-8 Track player and fix the AM-FM switch so I have FM
now. Try that on a new no knob modern car radio ;)
Fixed the heater blower switch which bench test fine after I rebuilt it
but died when installed in the car.
Adjust the signal switch and plastic cowl so all worked correctly.
It was a tad too low and the cowl kept the right signal from engaging.
Last week I even managed to repair that funky plastic signal switch with
a strip of metal so the little canceling paws now do their job.
And drive it out in the rain to see how well the wipers work.
Let's just say they work, did they ever work well?
Install rear view mirror (Thanks WST)

I learned how to patch a vinyl top but I didn't do that yet.
And I installed a few missing Tenax snaps on the top cover but it needs
a good cleaning before it goes on.

So now that the 67 is pretty much finished, I think I will do some metal
work on my kids VW Rabbit pick up. He is making 1 out of 2. And he just
bought a VW Dasher! Now that is one butt ugly car!
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ