[Spridgets] The finished 67

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Wed Feb 27 16:03:35 MST 2008

Around 1972, 1973 were good years for 8-tracks.  I had one in my '59 MGA.
"Dark Side of the Moon" came out first on 8-track and I played it to death.
Ahh, fond memories of whacking the case against your hand in just the right
way to "fix" it, and pulling out a loop of tape and tugging it in just the
right way to make it snap back into the case to tighten it up.  Anyone who
had one learned those tricks or more to keep them working.
When my summer job stacking hay near Elko ended the summer of '72, Dark Side
was the only tape I had and I played it non-stop from Elko to LA.  I haven't
been the same since.

Glen Byrns