[Spridgets] POR15

Bud Pazur bpazur at excel.net
Wed Jan 2 14:29:41 MST 2008

Derf writes:

I have had good results with Phosphoric Acid (Oshpo is one brand name).
But, rust IS like cancer and you can't really treat it, you just have
to get rid of it.
Cheers,
Derf

I agree. I have used Ospho (not Oshpo, I think) very successfully for two
restorations, but I used at as a passivator - after sand blasting, I used
Ospho to passivate the surface so the metal wouldn't start to rust again
before I got it primed. Worked very well for that purpose. I have never seen
a product that completely passivates or encapsulates rust, however. It must
be removed physically IMHO.

Bud