[Spridgets] Bugeye Group..... Re: A series head ??

uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com uniquelittlecars at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 14:20:38 MST 2008

I figured i would just leave the plug in and try it. I looked in vizard - But i do not think he covers this or i missed it. The book is kind of a over welming read. Some of the stuff is beyond me. In the past i would send a motor off to builder. This time around i think i am going to give it a go. I have two blocks . 1275cc? and a 948cc? I know nothing about either motor.

  vigil
Lester <oldsaabguy at comcast.net> wrote:
  I turned the head upside down, and used a pipette to run in a volume
of water until the chamber is full. Not perfect I know as you are
supposed to place some plexi or glass on the cylinder head to give the
water a place to stop. But it's close enough..

Lester

On Jan 13, 2008, at 11:07 AM, > wrote:

> New Question - I found a head in the back of my garage. i know from
> the casting it is from a 948cc "A" Motor from a Morris vehicle. Ok -
> Here is my question. Is there a chart or a formula to figure the CC
> of the head? The head is not on a motor. I have got a ruff figure on
> another head by using liquid. Then cranked the motor with and old
> towel over the head to catch the fluid. I was only gas so i could
> have just fired the motor. I figured it may cause problem so i used
> the towel method. I am assuming you take a flat and messure to the
> bottom. How do you figure in the curves or round edges to get your
> number.
>
> Vigil
> "Robert E. Shlafer"
wrote: Stock Spridget