[Spridgets] Blues - No LBC....

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 10:12:33 MST 2008

A group of us roots blues folks are trying to get a grave marker for
Memphis Blues luminary Will Shade of the famous Memphis Jug Band.
He died a pauper. We recently found his unmarked grave.

If you are in the Chicago area and want to hear some great acoustic
blues jamming including stars like Charlie Musselwhite, and if
you want to support the effort........

For anyone into Delta Blues and some terrific roots music......

The benefit concert to buy a gravestone for Will Shade is just two weeks
away! Here's a copy of the concert poster, with the final lineup listed:

http://arlotone.com/downloads/shade_benefit_poster_corrected.jpg

Before the concert we're going to have Todd Kwait present his Chasin' Gus'
Ghost documentary, followed by an open jam session, so it will be a good day
for jug band music.

I know most of you can't make it to Chicago for this show, but if you know
anyone here, please recommend it to them! And you can sill visit
willshadetribute.com to sign the guestbook or make a contribution.