[Spridgets] (no subject)

Mike/Donna Carpenter mail4carpenters at peoplepc.com
Thu Jan 17 08:59:17 MST 2008

Hi Michael,

I was referring to what was happening in the 1980s and the early 1990s with the Austin healey club magazine.  I had a Big healey friend that had every magazine or newsletter that they put out and I was on night shift at the time so I would read from cover to cover every issue from every year from the beginning.  I wouldn't waste my money investing in the club as very little is fitting to the best Austin Healey - the Bugeye.

The Bugeye articles were, all but a few tech articles and restoration ones here and there, rather sickening.

I can understand the "Limey" name as it refers to it being English and actually color also.  I remember as a kid being at Summit Point Raceway for the SCCA races in 1985 falling in love with a lime green and white race Bugeye.  I use to sneak into the paddock through the back woods and watch the owner (mechanic) work on it for hours.  He was kind of puzzled by me watching him for so long from a little distance, he waved for me to come over and he let me help him time the engine better and change the spark plugs.  That racer will never know how happy he made an 11 year old that day.

It will down hill from there . . .

Mike C