[Spridgets] Memorable Road Trips..

Charlie shelden3 at pldi.net
Sun Jan 20 13:54:51 MST 2008

I have two, both LBC related...

In the summer of 2000 my father inlaw, myself and my buddy did a road trip
from Oklahoma City to Sacramento, CA to retrieve a "free" MG.  I can't
recall the listers name now I think he has left the list and was more into
Morris Minors.  It was a fun trip with 4 guys in an extended cab pickup
pulling a 12' trailer.  Seems it took as long to get from OKC - Bakersfield
as it did to get from Bakersfield to Sacremento.  It was my first trip that
far west, and we did it leaving on a friday and getting back on a monday.

My second LBC trip involved my friend Cliff and I driving up to New York to
meet David Oliner to retrieve my current project the "59 Ebay bugeye"  many
on the list were involved in getting it to David in New York.  It was a good
trip, another whirl wind of course as we left on a Saturday morning and
returned home on Tuesday afternoon..  We stopped mid way and spent the night
in Indy, at his his sister in laws, as well as spent the night at David's
country home.  He was a great guy, sad to know he is gone.  Anyone know what
became of his LBC's?  He had another BE, my 1969 Sprite (former Brad F's
car) as well as a TR3.

Through road trips I've met several listers, including Brad, and David as
well as David Littlefield when he comes to Hallett to race.  Rick Fisk used
to come to Oklahoma to do work at GM and he has continued to be a person i
call a friend even after I met him :).

Charlie
OKC,OK
59 Sprite

It has removed 1986 spam emails to date.