[Spridgets] Weights of wheels...

Mike/Donna Carpenter mail4carpenters at peoplepc.com
Tue Jan 22 05:50:41 MST 2008

One of the easiest ways to view it is by thinking of a bicycle.  The sprung weight can be thought of as the frame of the bike.  Unsprung weight would be the wheels of the bicycle.  The lighter the wheels are the easier and faster you can pedal the bike on a given stretch of road.  The frame can be much heavier and it is not noticed on such a grand scale as when you increase the weight of the wheels because they are what is actually moving relative to the frame.

Mike C