[Spridgets] [Thicko] more Suburu ??s

Wm. Severin Thompson wsthompson at thicko.com
Sun Jan 27 10:23:12 MST 2008

F FWD.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Kantarjiev [mailto:cak at dimebank.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 11:11 AM
To: spridgets at autox.team.net; team-thicko at autox.team.net;
wsthompson at thicko.com
Subject: Re: [Thicko] more Suburu ??s

>  Do any of those racey/rallye Suburus come in
> automatics?

I'm pretty sure that you could get a slushbox in the first
gen WRX (circa 2002). Many people complained of low rpm
turbo lag in those cars, so you might not like it combined
with an auto.

The WRX is a fun car - but the gas mileage is pretty pitiful.
Figure that you're doing well to get 22mpg on the freeway,
and only if you keep your foot out of it.

The even older 2.5RS, which is my daily driver (a 2000) is non-turbo,
can be had with an auto, and can be had in a coupe. I like it
lots, but mileage is only slightly better than the WRX ...

None of them will feel like a Sprite. These are *big* cars in
comparison...

Maybe a used Mini? Not AWD, but the FWD is good.