[Spridgets] No more restorations for me

Frank Clarici spritenut at comcast.net
Thu Jan 31 13:54:18 MST 2008

I have had it! No more will I attempt to restore a Spridget with all the
shit parts that these assholes are selling us.
Door check straps that were fine last year have grown to 1/2" wider than
they should be, thus they do not fit.
New Hubcaps from the UK that will fit INSIDE the old ones thus making
them good for frisbees.
Bumper overriders that are welded 1/4" off so you have to take a grinder
to them so they are close.
Brake pad retainer clips that need to be files 1/16" on each side so
they fit.
Rubber grommets that are made from elephant dung and last damn near a
whole month whether they see the light of day or not.
Bonnet badge that snaps off when you try to install the clips they sell
for it. (same company)
5 years ago there was a group setting standards on cheap shit
reproduction parts, obviously they are still sitting on their asses and
shoving garbage down our throats. It is worse now than before.
At least every part I bought from Peter fits as it should and even
works! What a concept!
Too bad he doesn't sell the finish trim items for our cars.
But then maybe he knows better.

Rant over
--
Frank Clarici