[Spridgets] Daniel (1320) Stapleton coming to Jubilee

WFO Herb froggi60 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 11:44:35 MST 2008

Hi Chums,

I've just booked my flight for the Sprite Jubilee & Carlisle Imports.  I
should arrive earlier enough on the Friday to get freshened up and get a
drink in the bar.  I'll be at Carlisle Sat and some of Sunday (hope to get
to church Sunday morning) and be at the Meet for Monday and Tuesday.  I have
a bit of time Wednesday morning and then fly back out of Philly at tea-time
(1600 to you guys).

I hope to bring a trophy or 2 to give away if I get organised in time.  I
have some parts to bring for one person and depending on the weight might
manage to bring an A-series turbo installation to sell (probably for what I
paid for - #120  so there would be a big saving on shipping for anyone
buying it)

My revised Spridget book might also just be out in time for the meet though
at present everything is still with the publisher www.veloce.co.uk

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone I met in 98 and 2003 and hope to see
some of the guys that I met in 98 but didn't see in 2003.  Hope to see some
friends who I always see here but never at at meet!

The only sad thing about this trip is that I have to come alone so won't be
leaving my family in a hotel room (having a rest!) while I go out with the
lads.  My oldest daughter could not be released from school (exam time) and
my wife now has a job at the same school.  They will all have a sea-side
holiday with me later in the year.

I've 'blown'  all my air miles on this trip (took 5 years to earn with a lot
of special bonus stuff) so short of making my fortune within the next 5
years this might be the last time I get across the pond but I hope this
won't be the case (you don't get rich writing books).

Maybe someone could post an edited version of this to the Spridget lists.

Regards

Daniel Stapleton