[Spridgets] LBC/LIC drives (Re: NO LBC -Guitars

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 19:59:34 MST 2008

--- Larry Daniels <ladaniels at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Beautiful this morning here, too.  Minus 12 degrees
> and minus 40 wind chill.
> Perfect January weather in Paradise.

So naturally I drove the Alfa AND the Bugeye, but I
waited until just now since it's snowing at an inch an
hour. I'm getting some minor touch up on the street
Bugeye this weekend, so I needed to load it on the
trailer before the imminent 8 inches of snow
accumulation prevented that. So, with no cars running,
I had to shuffle the race car out of the way of the
green car that was in front of it in the workshop.
Then the Alfa needed to move over so the race car
could go in its slot, all very complicated. After
wrestling with the POS wheel dollies, I finally
decided to get the cars running. So a quick static
time of the Bugeye, a couple of enriching turns of the
SU nut flats, a Voodoo ritual over the Alfa, a hakf
can of starting fluid, and Bob's your uncle. By this
time it's REALLY  snowing, I have to turn the Bugeye
around in the driveway as I drive it into the trailer,
all top down. When I finally finished and went inside,
Lynette said she peeked out at one point and between
the chemical smells and the other car shuffling hijinx
it was like "Cheech and Chong meet I Love Lucy."

Ah well. Last fun drives for a while.

Ron