[Spridgets] LotO Car Show Ideas Part 2 of 2

Mark mark at nashvilletn.org
Wed Jul 2 17:04:39 MDT 2008

Part 2 of 2

I have a few suggestions for next time, and I sure hope there is a next
time!

1.  Only vote for one car in a class.  The car with the most votes comes in
FIRST, The car with the second most votes comes in second and the same for
Third.

2.  Park the cars by class and have signs describing the class and a class
NUMBER that corresponds to the exact information on the Ballot.

3.  Park the cars in the same order as they appear on the ballot.  (makes
for much faster and more accurate voting)

4.  If a class is empty, leave the sign up and mark it that there are no
cars in this class.

5.  Have a set time for voting.  Cars on display by 9:00 AM, Voting starts
at 10:00 AM, Ballots to be deposited in the box by Noon.

6.  Everybody wants to go home with something, I say split the Midgets and
Sprites like at LotO.

7.  Have one "BEST OF SHOW" on the ballot, it is usually obvious as it was
at LotO, in my opinion.

8.  Have bigger Numbers on the windshield so they can be seen from a
distance.  (Nobody wants to mark their ballot next to a car owner.)

9.  Here is how we count votes:  One person has all of the ballots in front
of them .  They pass around ballots one at a time to a group of people that
record the votes for cars in two (2) classes and then pass the ballot on to
the next person who does the same for their two classes.  Once all of the
ballots have been recorded the lead person scores the show and gives the
listings to the show chairman.  We can count ballots for 200 cars in about
30-45 minutes this way.  If a car is voted for in the wrong class it is
thrown out.

10. DO NOT allow rain!

Suggested Classes:

Bugeye (Original)  (Entrants Choice)
Bugeye (Street)     (Entrants Choice) - (Must have A Series Engine)

Sprite MK II
Sprite MK III
Sprite MK IV

Midget MK I
Midget MK II
Midget MK III
Midget MK III 1500

Sprite/Midget Modified  (Street V6, Suzuki, Blower, etc.
Sprite/Midget Competition  (Race Cars)

Best of Show  (Should also be Class Winner)

I have to say that LotO was the best event I have been to, ever!  The
location was good, the people were great!  Thanks again to all for putting
it together and making it happen.  OH!  one more suggestion, can we get a
coffee pot somewhere in the mornings.  The $2.00 coffee was a bummer :)

Mark
Nashville