[Spridgets] steering column types

midget at maxengland.com midget at maxengland.com
Thu Jul 3 03:39:10 MDT 2008

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to understand what are the different types of steering columns.
I have a british 1968 MK3 midget (GAN4 62821) with a motolita steering
wheel.
I recently bought an early original bakolite wheel, the one with 3 pairs
of chrome sticks. The splines do not match between steering wheel and
column, so I would think my steering column is non original. My steering
column's part number probably is AHA9792, it looks like number 10 on this
page anyway:
http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=1666

Last detail: the steering wheel fits perfectly on my dad's 1960 MGA
steering column.

Any info on that and where can I source the steering column i need?

Thanks a lot.

Max
www.maxengland.com/photos.php?var_alb=MG%20Midget