[Spridgets] steering column issues

Max Slegers midget at maxengland.com
Thu Jul 3 07:25:30 MDT 2008

Hi all,

Thanks for your answers.

I have a steel dash indeed, not padded. But bear in mind that its a
british car, not US, so there might be differences. I don't think European
cars had padded dashboards.

There might also be differences in the steering columns between US and UK
cars.

I'll count the number of teeth on the column and wheel tonight but I'm
quite sure the steering column has fewer teeth than the wheel.
So there are two types of original wheels? One with 50 teeth and one with
36 teeth? Pretty confusing!

I'm convinced this wheel with wire spokes is the original one for my GAN-4
car and they changed when the facelift arrived, with the GAN-5 cars.

Max
www.maxengland.com/photos.php?var_alb=MG+Midget