[Spridgets] 3-point seatbelts

Mark A. O'Neil mark.a.oneil at Dartmouth.EDU
Sat Jul 5 10:22:25 MDT 2008

Hi,

Slowly making progress on getting my '79 road ready.

One of the remaining tasks is to replace the bodged seat belts that
came with it.

I would like o put in 3-point shoulder belts if possible - 2-point if
not.

There is a mount point for the reel behind the seat, then a left and a
right mount point - nothing for the retainer that is usually on 3-
point seats. Where would this fourth (guide) mount? I see nothing on
the seat to speak of. I plan on eventually (maybe sooner than later)
adding a rollbar, and could mount the guide to that.

Next, any recommendations for a good source for belts (besides Moss
and VB) - price not so much an issue as I want them to just work -
quality is important here. Inertia reel optional - I would sacrifice
that for a quality setup.

thanks,
-m