[Spridgets] rust throughout cooling system advice?

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at mac.com
Sat Jul 5 12:10:31 MDT 2008

Before removing the radiator try using a cooling system flush.  There
use to be several available at Pep Boys etc.  You add them to the
radiator, then run the car, with the heater on,  for 10 minutes or
so.  With the engine running open the drain on the bottom of the
radiator, put a garden hose in the top and wait until the water is
clear.  Turn the engine off, let the cooling system drain, then
refill with distilled water, unless you are fortunate to have very
good water coming out of the faucet.  Not the case here in SoCa.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes
2000 Miata Special Edition