[Spridgets] Electric Tachometer For Bugeye

rrengineer at dslextreme.com rrengineer at dslextreme.com
Sat Jul 5 16:33:19 MDT 2008

Bud,
     Easier to find an original gear drive unit on Ebay.  They last for
quite some time as long as you keep them lubed and check the two ends
for tightness every time you are under the hood.  The trick is not to
over-tighten the hex nut to generator side too much.  Just snug will
do.  I have had mine on my Bugeye since the restoration in 2000.  No
problems with it yet, but I have a couple of spares.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2

Bud Pazur