[Spridgets] Odd Fuel Pump situation

Mike/Donna Carpenter mail4carpenters at peoplepc.com
Tue Jul 8 10:55:35 MDT 2008

I have a new one for you all to discuss.

I did a partial restoration (actually more preservation) on my '61 Seven America.  It has a blue top AC electric fuel pump.  Before I took it apart and cleaned it, the pump was putting out the right amount of fuel pressure.  My SUs were not overflowing out the holes at the top where the hose enters.  Now that I cleaned all of the garbage out of the fuel pump filter and stuff fuel is flowing out of both my SU float bowls.

WHat have I done besides fix what wasn't broken and now I'm screwed?

Thanks,

Mike C