[Spridgets] HF jack

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Thu Jul 17 19:08:23 MDT 2008

> My cheap Harbor Freight aluminum  jack has sprung a leak in the master
> cylinder.  (Yes, Frank.  It's Chinese.)  I recall some discussion of
> parts/repairs for these jack a few months ago, but do not remember the
> outcome.  Has anyone tried to fix one of these cheap jacks?

My experience with researching repairs to one of these jacks is that they
will not sell you the parts they show in the manual; they will only sell you
select subassemblies. Unfortunately, the cost of the subassembly rivals the
cost of replacing the whole jack. In my case, I was able to come up with a
bushing from a Spridget front suspension lowering kit to substitute for the
roller that had taken a sudden flight to parts unknown. If you opt for the
replacement option, I could sure use the little roller that pushes on the
top of the pump... Just in case I try the lowering kit again someday.
David Lieb