[Spridgets] Bugeye original interior questions...

Lester oldsaabguy at comcast.net
Sat Jul 19 21:30:27 MDT 2008

On Jul 19, 2008, at 9:34 PM, Dean Hedin wrote:

> I am in the proccess of making copies of all my original interior
> vinyl & hardura bits.
> The originals are in very poor condition.

snip

> I am missing the mat directly behind the seats, but I have good
> photos to make a duplicate.
> That mat has two cut outs for the top bows to slip into when they
> are in the stored position.
> At this location in the cockpit sheet metal there are two screw
> holes located at a diagonal to each other.
> Was there a piece of hardware that was mounted at these holes, under
> the mat, that supported the bows?
> If so, what did this part look like?

Imagine a box with a hole in the top.  That's it.  now imagine it with
some wings to screw it into those holes.  Above those holes should be
another single hole that had a rubber bumper in it so that the bow
went into the hole and the bumper gave it something to rest against
when it was leaned back to be tied.

Lester

snip