[Spridgets] Holy Spirite

Glen Byrns grbyrns at ucdavis.edu
Thu Jul 24 10:38:50 MDT 2008

Sorry all, and especially Bob.  I just got off the phone to the CHP and the
soonest I could get an appointment is Aug 27th.  The state has changed the way
they allow "salvage" vehicles back on the road.  ONLY a CHP can inspect,
verify the numbers, and issue the tag needed by the DMV.  The CHP I spoke to
said this had caused a huge backlog.  I booked the 27th appointment.  Godd
thing I called, as I was about to truck it over there Saturday morning and
that wouldn't have gone well.

There's no way I'll send this car on the road to Frank if he will have the
slightest problem getting it licensed.  Part of the deal is that it have nice,
clean, legal paper.  Hey, its going to a priest!  So please hold off until
after Aug. 27th so I can do this right.  A few more costs to eat, but
points-in-heaven can be cashed in later?

Glen