[Spridgets] Microcar Show and Elkhart Lake KIC

Ron Soave soavero at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 23:24:40 MDT 2008

I got overruled and am going to see the Batman movie at the Madison Imax tomorrow. Tomorrow evening I really want to button up White Trash for Grattan if you guys get bored afterward. Putting the motor back in solo without a proper hoist gets old after a while.

BTW - no one mentioned last week what an incredible time Road America's Kohler Int'l Classic was. An incredible array of cars this year with some very cool new blood, both at the track and Concours, with our own Terry "Tutone" Heffron judging. Tutone has the single most encyclopedic level of vintage car knowledge of anyone you will ever meet - I think he even trumps our VSCDA historian. At points it can go like this - "Wow! A 1957 Flugelwaggen Special, one of 3 made! This si the one that nearly ran the Ring when one of the Porsche drivers ordered the fish at the pre-race dinner with a guy named Herrman cooking and got food poisoning and almost droed out. That car had ties to Ettore Bugatti in that his barber's nephew's daughter's fiance worked in the pit crew as the gas ca remover. The tires on that one are a slightly darker shade on the original that you see in all the Flugelwaggen books, but these may have been the second set that come from Michelin on
 that day when the power went out between 11:22 and 11:27 in Aril of 157 during second shift. You remember that, right?" The whether miraculously held out, too.

Soave