[Spridgets] W E S L A K E holiday - very old LBC Content

pdxpete pdx.pete at verizon.net
Sat Jul 26 16:46:36 MDT 2008

A local gentleman is the proud owner of a 1924 3L Bentley, which he drives.
It's not as if he abuses the car but he certainly doesn't baby it by any
stretch of the imagination. I don't know if he routinely passes anyone but
he does tend to keep up with traffic. A few years ago one of the con rods
let go, dismembering the crankshaft. He sent the pieces off to the UK,
waited patiently, came up with a rather large amount of money, had the
engine reassembled and resumed driving the vehicle. That's one of the fun
things about attending the All British Field Meets in Bellevue, Washington,
and Portland, Oregon ... seeing vintage cars moving on down the highways and
byways. (Well, in one situation, the term "moving" is relative. There is
this one enthusiast who routinely drives down from Vancouver BC in an
original Austin 7 and proudly proclaims to have done so "at glacial speed".)