[Spridgets] Tire Rack.com needs a Spridget to measure/trial-fittires on

David Lieb dbl at chicagolandmgclub.com
Thu Jul 31 15:43:15 MDT 2008

Bud,
They installed Sumitomo HTR200 175/70 13 tires on my 72 Midget at that
facility. Well, Actually they didn't touch my car, because it was busy
autocrossing on their test track with the Windy City Miata Club, but they
did mount and balance the tires on my Minitor rims for me... twice, since
they ignored my instructions on where they could not put weights as they
would get peeled off by the tierod end.  Unfortunately, their company
representative made such an ass of himself the at the autocross event
following day that none of my cars and none of my money will ever cross
their threshold again.

If they were to do this, I would think they would require a Bugeye, at least
one model of SWA and an RWA to do it right.
David Lieb
1972 1960 1974 1973